TERMS & CONDITIONS
TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CONFERENCE PARTICIPANTS
- This Agreement goes into effect exactly 24 hours after the Limmud confirms (hereinafter referred to as “Confirmation”) the receipt of payment in full from the participant for the participation in Limmud Conference (hereinafter referred to as “Conference”).
- This agreement is binding for all the participants, including children listed in your participation Confirmation. The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all the participants, for whom the booking is made, are aware of this Agreement. This Agreement is in effect until the end of the Conference. Accommodations chosen can not be exchanged. The participant must confirm that the information provided about all the participants is accurate.
- The Conference organisers reserve the right to adjust the duration of Early Bird prices (in the direction of the duration increase). The amount paid to attend regardless of the type of accommodation (except for participation without accommodation) includes:
- stay at the hotel, at a type of accommodation selected;
- kosher meal plan;
- attendance of all sessions listed on the Conference Program;
- participation in Children Program for participants 3 years of age and above.
The Conference participation price does not include food or drinks sold at the hotel’s bars, restaurants and the shop. All additional amenities provided by the hotel are to be paid by the participants themselves in accordance with the hotel’s price list.
- All the participants of the Conference promise to treat others with respect, as well as to follow throughout the event’s site the rules of conduct listed below:
- The participant duly agrees to immediately inform Limmud if, s/he or any of her/his group’s participants develops an infectious medical condition, or if such a condition was contracted recently.
- The participant confirms that s/he is over the age of 18 and will assume responsibility for the conduct of all the minors registered as participants in his/her group.
- At any time other than the duration of Limmud’s Children Program, the participant is responsible for the conduct of all the group’s registered minors. Children under the age of 10 may not be left without adult supervision.
- The participant promises to show due consideration to any other participant, presenter, volunteer, organiser of the event or a member of the hotel’s staff. Disrespectful, unethical, as well as intrusive behavior, including the use of illegal drugs, or otherwise violating the rules and regulations established by the organisers will not be tolerated. Any signs of offensive or aggressive behavior towards other persons at the Conference’s site will not be tolerated.
- Any actions likely to cause bodily harm to the participants or property damage to the hotel, as well as those negatively impacting comfort and safety to any persons at the event’s site, as well as any other action from the Limmud viewpoint, that can be considered a breach of the Agreement will not be tolerated.
- Conference participants are prohibited from carrying any type of weapon or any other objects which in Limmud opinion can be a cause for concern for the safety of the event. Event organisers reserve the right to confiscate such items or to ask the holders of the above listed objects and weapons to vacate the Conference’s site.
- Every participant shall keep the accommodation in a clean and tidy condition and will be personally financially responsible for any damages caused to the hotel’s property.
- Depending on the type of the accommodation chosen you may be sharing a room with other Conference participants. Participants agree to treat their roommates with respect.
- No open flames may be lit on the hotel’s grounds.
- Smoking indoors is strictly prohibited on any of the hotel’s premises.
- Pets are not allowed at the event’s site, except for the guide dogs for the blind.
- Limmud takes on the responsibility to provide an enjoyable Conference. Therefore, in case of any violations of the Conference’s rules of conduct, public order, as well as any other actions committed by the participants that can viewed by the event’s organisers as illegal, the organisers of the event reserve the right to:
- refuse participation or cancel your registration, including those already paid for;
- ask the participant to refrain from attending certain Conference activities;
- ask the participant to leave the Conference immediately.
In these cases no refund will be given.
- You must vacate your accommodation by the published checkout time on your day of departure. Keys must be returned to the registration desk on your day of departure. You will be charged a late checkout amount should you fail to check out by the specified time.
- Hotel administration and the Organisers of Limmud cannot take responsibility for personal property during the conference at the conference venue.
- The administration of the hotel and the Limmud conference organisers are not responsible for trauma nor any type of loss suffered by participants unless the trauma or loss is directly caused by fault or negligence of hotel staff or conference organisers.
- Limmud, its agents and other participants may take photos or audio or video recordings at the Event which may be used for marketing, promotional or educational activities. Limmud does not accept responsibility if, contrary to your wishes, you appear on audio or video recordings or in photographs. It is your responsibility to ensure that if you see that you are being recorded, you notify the person doing the recording if you wish to request any limit on the use of such recording.
- You may cancel your attendance at the Event at any time by notifying Limmud in writing by email.
Note a cancellation fee will be charged as follows:
|The date you notify Limmud on cancellation||Charge per cancelling Participant|
|Registration cancellation till 01.01.2020||0|
|01.02- begining of the event||100%|
Exceptions: in case of proven force majeure circumstances, a refund will be at the discretion of Limmud.
Any refunds agreed by Limmud will be processed and paid within 30 days after the end of the Event. Limmud is unable to make any refunds before the Event. Please note, refunds are subject to deductions of credit card fees and cancellation fees, as applicable.
- Limmud may cancel the Event up to 14 days prior to the commencement of the Event. In the event of a cancellation, Limmud will notify you in writing immediately and refund the full price paid by you prior to the cancellation of the Event. Limmud won’t be refunding any other expenses related to participation such as, but not limited to, travel and visa costs.
- Limmud may hold your Participant details on computer and, unless you inform us in writing your name(s) will be included on the Event participant list printed in the Event handbook. Limmud complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Limmud may need to pass your personal information to the Event’s third-party service providers (such as the Site or the caterer for the Event) for the purposes of providing services at the Event.
- This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws Austria. You agree that the courts of Austria are to have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise in connection with the validity, effect, interpretation or performance of, or the legal relationships established by, this agreement or otherwise arising in connection with this agreement. Any proceeding, suit or action arising out of or in connection with this agreement shall be brought in the courts of Austria.
By ticking that you would like to volunteer as a Conference Maker on a Limmud Application Form, you are committing to the specified hours of volunteer work every day at the event. The nature of your role, and the shifts-times are allocated by the volunteer team organising the event. We cannot guarantee that you will be given your preferred choice of Conference Maker role. Limmud will do their best to give you one of your preferred options. But as some roles may be over-subscribed, you may be allocated a different role to your preference. However, when you tick the relevant box, you are agreeing to volunteer in whichever role is allocated to you.
We offer a discount of 20% to all volunteers (refunded after the event), but in return, you must fulfil your role as directed. Should you fail to put full effort into your shifts, you will be leaving the rest of the team short-staffed, may require us to seek additional help and you will not be receiving the discount.
Limmud reserves the right to accept or decline your offer to be a volunteer at the Event. In the event that we cannot accept your application to volunteer, you will be entitled to receive a refund for the Event.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR THE CONFERENCE PROGRAMME
- The purpose of Limmud FSU Europe is the unification of the representatives of Jewish communities of Western Europe. Being guided by the principles of the international Limmud movement we look for those who are involved in various aspects of Jewish life and involve them in the Limmud festival.
- The programme committee is working towards a balanced programme. This includes balance between sessions in Russian and English. The committee is putting significant effort into inviting presenters who have the widest points of view.
- Limmud is a forum where many different and disparate views on topics that concern the Jewish community can be discussed. Therefore, the Programme committee has the right to exclude sessions where, in the opinion of the committee, the presenter is not committed to participate on constructive dialogue.
- Decisions about including specific sessions will depend on the number of presenters who wish to present on a given theme as well as the need to present a programme in accordance with the principles and values of Limmud FSU and the need to maintain the reputation of the project.
- The inclusion of any specific session into the program by the Programme committee is not based on personal preferences of the committee members nor is it based on their views of of the presenters.
The programme committee of Limmud FSU Europe is open to offers to present a session (lecture, master-class, presentation, concert etc) from all types of professionals on Jewish themes. At the Conference a limited number of sessions on non-Jewish themes or themes that are tangentially connected to the Jewish fields can be conducted. From the many offers to present on non-Jewish themes those considered the most topical and interesting will be selected. All decisions to include or not include presenters (in the language of Limmud those who run sessions) into the programme of the festival will be made by the Programme committee in accordance with the following principles:
The Programme committee accepts the responsibility to review all offers to conduct a session at Limmud and at the same time reserves the absolute right to include or not include any session in the program. All decisions of the Programme committee are final.